How can a Physio Help with Neck Pain?
Compared to some other health professionals, we believe physios will take a much more holistic approach to treatment, with the main aim of getting your problem fixed for good. A physio will not only treat the initial symptoms to get you out of pain fast, they will also look at the root cause of your issue.
Among the techniques used, physios most commonly rely on:
- Massage of muscles and connective tissues
- Manual Therapy: including techniques and philosophies such as Maitland, Mulligan, McKenzie and Watson.
- Our philosophy at The Physio Joint is to always recommend simple strategies (including at home exercises and stretches) to help minimise the chance that your neck pain will become ongoing in nature.
When considering which treatment option is right for you, it’s important to remember:
- Our physios would certainly never recommend a treatment plan that could go on for months (or even many years) where the emphasis is simply maintenance.
- Our physios also do not use techniques such as harsh cracking which tend to cause dependency on recurrent and ongoing treatments.
If this relates to you, don’t hesitate to book with one of our physiotherapists.